Tuesday, June 9, 2009

See, I'm not the only one who's crazy


Kevin Hassett from Bloomberg also believes Obama is out to create a quasi-socialist state.
June 8 (Bloomberg) -- I’ve finally figured out the Obama economic strategy. President Barack Obama and his team have been having so much fun wielding dictatorial power while rescuing “failed” firms, that they have developed a scheme to gain the same power over every business. The plan is to enact policies that are so anticompetitive that every firm needs a bailout.

I'm glad I'm not the only crazy out there.

2 comments:

  1. A bit extreme... don't you think? I agree Obama and his team have been swinging the ax, however, the band-aid fixing of previous administrations hasn't done anything but put things off. Someone needed to get in there and do something more drastic. Now, I won't say right or wrong because the dust hasn't (and probably won't) settle for a long time. But, I for one have been so tired of the "same old same old" for years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you read the whole article? It makes more sense when read in context.

    Assuming you did read it, I don't believe this is Obama's motivation: he really thinks companies will just stick around and get hammered to death.

    The solution, IMO, is the elimination of corporate taxes altogether and replace ALL federal taxes with the Fair Tax.

    Have you ever read or heard anything about the Fair Tax? It's not a silver bullet, but it's one of a few measures that we could take in the U.S. that would restore much of our liberty and eliminate a whole lot of corruption in DC.

    ReplyDelete