I often posit ideas and theories only as a rhetorical and logical exercise. So to clarify to myself and my vast four-person audience, I don't really think Obama is trying to destroy the country, but I wouldn't be 100% surprised to find out that he is. If I were to give odds on "Obama the elected fifth column" VS "Obama the ultra-lefty looking to make the US more like the EU", I would give odds of about 1 in 20 that he is the former.
The point is that I am not certifiably insane. But the other point is this: we really do need to keep a close watch on the guy, just as we do all elected officials. And not because he might be that wolf in sheep's clothing, but because the guy clearly doesn't understand the real world. He's like a college professor turned president. The notion of a philosopher king only works within philosophy itself - not the real world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are killing me with this!!! (as is Art) How is it possible to blame all of our country's problems on one man. are you just fearful of all Democrats and liberals? Really.....the presidency is just a glorified janitorial position.
ReplyDeleteJanitors don't have executive authority. They don't appoint judges or czars. And up until recently they didn't socialize the banks and American auto industry.
ReplyDeleteNo, I don't blame Obama exclusively. I don't blame him any more than I blame Wilson or FDR. And he won't single-handedly destroy the country. He'll need the media's assistance in stearing the debate where it needs to go. From there, we the people will continue to oblige.
It's been said many times: only America can destroy America.
Ask Art to make his own political blog. We'll join forces to bring you to the brink of sanity, only to ease off so you don't jump off a cliff ... :-)
ReplyDeleteEveryday I hear something about the democrats and liberals.... don't think I could take a blog from him. LOL.
ReplyDeleteYes, Americans are destroying America.... the fear of change.... the fear of difference..... the fear of technology.
Eventually I'll get around to posting some of my other Libertarian views that are decidedly NOT Republican: like an end to the drug war, decriminalization and perhaps regulation of prostitution, the elimination of the IRS, my arguments for gay civil unions, support for repealing the 17th amendment, and on and on.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about another thing this morning: bitching about what politicians shouldn't be doing is all well and good, but it's reactive. For real change in opinions to occur, people have to put forth tangible ideas and goals - ie, be proactive.
Toward that end we've got a lot of what I listed above. And the fair tax, of course. LOVE the fair tax. That alone would be a salve to our wounded liberties like nothing else I can think of.