Friday, June 5, 2009

Laughable (if you can afford to laugh, that is)




Great economic news, folks!!! The economy is coming back! Woo hoo!! Layoffs have slowed - isn't that just peachy? Why, only 350,000 Americans were laid off this month! Phew - Obama (pboh) brought us back from the brink, people. That was a close one!! Damn, I almost thought we were going to have a depression there for a minute.

Now, I know some of you might think I'm being disingenuous, but I offer as proof of my sincerity the fact that the author of the AP article wrote the following:

The much smaller-than-expected reduction in payroll jobs, reported by the Labor Department on Friday, adds to evidence that the recession is loosening its hold on the country. It marked the fourth straight month that the pace of layoffs slowed.

"This tide is turning," said Richard Yamarone, economist at Argus. "We expect this trend of slower job loss to continue throughout the year."


Oh RAPTURE, layoffs will continue to slow for the rest of the year!! See, I told you I was being serious: an economist says the tide is turning. Who am I to argue proof of this magnitude. See, it's not just Obama (pboh) who is assuring us that things are getting better; naturally he would since he has a vested interest in doing so; but both an impartial journalist and a learned scholar have stated so as well :-) You can't argue with evidence of this magnitude?

And you know, I just want to give a special "shout out" (ala Sarah Palin) to Bush for making all this possible. Would Kerry or Gore have been brave enough to get the train rolling with TARP, Bear Sterns, CitiCorp, Fannie May, Freddie Mac, etc, etc? I doubt it!!! They would have assumed the people of this country were too smart for that sort of rapid socialization of the American financial system. HA!! Looks like you two were out-thunked by the master thinker G.W. Bush.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta agree here.... show me some proof of the economy improving and not just the "I said so" From where I'm standing I'm not seeing any improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - we agree :-) Actually, I am sure we agree on a lot. I have to get around to praising certain aspects of Obama's foreign policy. His diminutive posture in the wake of GW is not only refreshing, it is strategically necessary. Anyhow, I'll save all that for another rant to myself and Theresa. Does Art read my blog? That could possibly push my readership to five ... maybe.

    ReplyDelete