Friday, June 5, 2009

An anology


So the press isn't biased? Let me ask you: if a weather-person told you that the cat 3 hurricane barreling toward you wasn't going to be so bad after all because the wind-speed is increasing at a slower rate than it had been an hour ago, would you go to the beach? If you were bleeding to death but the doctor told you not to worry, the rate at which your blood loss is increasing has decreased since the last pint, would his assertion give you cause to relax?

And as ridiculous as these examples are, it is exactly what the press tells us to believe about the economy. And I say "tell us" because when the press says something, they are supposedly reporting the facts.

4 comments:

  1. The press is most likely working for Satan. I can't understand how anyone can actually listen. Hopefully when all the dusk clears, the average American will realize everything we have known as "truth" is total BS. Maybe this will be the dawn of the educated American..... wishful thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how much Satan pays? I bet they have universal health coverage in Hell. Dental, too. Just about every other country in the world has it, I have to imagine hell would as well.

    Anyhow, when the unemployment rate actually starts going down - that is when we'll have reason to celebrate.

    BTW, I think the average educated American does see through this, at least on an intellectual level. People have a lot of emotion invested in Obama and the press is no exception. Ask yourself this: if a Republican president was in the White House do you suppose the stories about the recession would read like this one? If so, that's fine: I politely disagree. I am of the opinion that the evidence is overwhelmingly to the contrary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, look - here's a good one: http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/exclusive-genbcu-trying-to-stifle-other-medias-coverage-of-company-immelt-banned-nielsen-media-over-ge-nbcu-obama-story-zucker-followed-orders-nbc-universal-didnt-cooperate-with-the-hollywood/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly doubt if a Republican was in office that the media would be painting the same picture. I'm pretty sure it would be all gloom and doom, probably include something about the apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete