Saturday, September 18, 2010

A few random thoughts

  • How pathetic are we with regard to the Qur'an burnings / ground zero mosque. People were actually begging that pastor to stop for fear of the muslim world retaliating with terror attacks.  And if we had the courage of our convictions, it would be the Imam in NYC who would be too afraid to build a triumphant conquering symbol in the World Trade Center.  Christianity is all but dead, not just here, but in the West in general.  Indeed, the West is well on its way to death, for we have replace ideals with pragmatism as the ultimate ideal.  Islam is nothing if not pragmatic, and we should fully expect world-wide caliphate within three generations.
  • I'm done with conservatism.  Liberty is has become my personal number one priority and only libertarians understand and empathize with this sentiment.  I'm done with the drug war.  I'm done with the huge military budgets.  I'm done with protecting the socialist nations of Europe.  I'm done with the CIA and the FBI and am WAY done with the Dept. of Homeland Security.  I'm done with the FDA, the department of education, the USDA, and pretty much any other agency you can think of.  I'm done with Social Security.  
  • Obama deserves some praise for his handling of NASA.  The Ares rocket is a sad joke and he's actually turned to the private sector for assistance with salvaging parts of the shuttle program.  
  • I hope more people will read and listen to Ron Paul.  
  • Liberty is scary to most people and frankly I too am scared of what the real-life consequences would be if we were much closer to freedom.  
  • Humans have almost never lived in freedom.  We seem to crave oppression and tyranny for the sake of expedience, to leverage power against others, to protect us from ourselves, and to align

No comments:

Post a Comment