So describes Robert Weissberg's feelings about the Obama administration; the fifth column as I've stated before, then retracted, and am again standing by.
Over the past several months I've had a hard time articulating my suspicions regarding Obama. Initially, I had envisioned a Shakespearean-esque plot of foreign or domestic grooming to take the presidency and destroy the country by inviting a war and running it so badly as to lose it. OR, maybe, I thought, he would cripple the economy, enabling a successful assault by a foreign power on our home soil. Nah... that was too conspiratorial and it's not me, it's not my style, and its now how I think. But I knew something was very wrong with him. Call it instinct. I wasn't alone, of course. Many felt like I did and they too couldn't put their finger on it. So for a long time the Left has attempted to put our fingers "on it" for us: it was because we are racists. How stupid. How mentally weak. Really, Left, put a little effort into it. Of course, they were serious, that's really what they thought. Actually, think, is more appropriate.
But like a parent who is trying to solve a difficult problem and the child who keeps pointing out the "obvious" solution (which is completely wrong) the Right tried to explain why the child's solution wasn't right. And like the exasperated parent we've simply tuned the child out; we have a problem to solve and little Billy's endless harping on a point lost on him isn't going to distract us.
Enter Weissberg. He figured it out. Obama is not a fifth column. But he feels like it. And he acts like it. But he's not; at least not in the strict sense. No, Weissberg was able to pull in every abstract notion and feeling and distill into a two-word description of our collective consternation. We feel like we are under "Alien Rule", as he has put it.
Brilliant.
So without further adieu:
http://www.americanthinker.com/2010/04/a_stranger_in_our_midst.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment