Friday, May 29, 2009

Obama does something right

I was walking one day with a guy I work with. He has a bachelor's degree in economics and is one of our brightest techs. We were talking about network security issues and I brought up the fact that many believe it was China who caused the blackouts in the Northeast and in S. FLA ... whenever they happened. I think the Northeast one occurred first, then I think it was summer of '07 that Florida lost power.

He laughed it off as a conspiracy theory and gave me a weird look. 'Why would they do that; they're our number one trading partner', he asked. I laughed and agreed because I don't like to be controversial at work. And besides, I am sure this is going to become common knowledge as time goes on.

So today Obama appoints a cyber-security czar. Good thinking, dude. Bush should have done it himself, but then again, Bush is retarded. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't want to antagonize the Chinese by admitting to the problem by way of actually addressing said problem.

Anyhow, if you're interested in why you lost power, Jimmy (FL) or Theresa (NY), then read the article and reminisce.

2 comments:

  1. Some people have since pointed out to me that there is no need to appoint a security czar - we already have an FBI, CIA, and NSA - there is no need to have an extra-constitutional czar.

    Here's a nugget of conspiracy theory: what if he was put in place to further the cause of destroying the country? After today's news of the "accidental" leak of nuclear locations in the US, the idea that the czar is here to help the enemies of the U.S., the idea has some merit.

    I'm sure any and everyone reading this thinks I need to go on Lithium at this point. For what it's worth, I don't really think the czar is here to hurt - I think he's here to help. At least, that is his motivation. I'm not really quite that far gone yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I agree we need more security in place not less, I'm also sure the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    ReplyDelete